• GUNUNG AGUNG UPDATE: Ngurah Rai Airport Closed Extended Until Thursday

    Result of the evaluation meeting of Mount Agung eruption by the community of Airport I Gusti Ngurah Rai led by the Head of Airport Authority Region IV Bali Nusa Tenggara at 01.00 Wita, Wednesday (29/11/2017).

    Denpasar – The closure of Ngurah Rai Airport, Badung, Bali extended until Thursday (30/11/2017) at 07.00 Wita. The extension of the airport closure was based on the evaluation meeting of Mount Agung eruption by the community of Airport I Gusti Ngurah Rai led by the Head of Airport Authority Region IV Bali Nusa Tenggara at 01.00 Wita, Wednesday (29/11/2017).

    Head of Public Relations Ngurah Rai Airport, Arie Ahsanurrohim said meteorological monitoring is significant enough to determine the decision to extend the closure of Ngurah Rai Airport. “Observations from Darwin’s Vulcanic Ash Advisory Center (VAAC) show volcanic ash from Mount Agung has reached an altitude of 25,000 feet, moving south-southwest and still leading to I Gusti Ngurah Rai Airport,” Arie said.

    To note, until 20:00 pm on Tuesday (28/11/2017), the height of volcanic ash caused by Mount Agung eruption reaches a height of 2000-3000 meters. The results of the paper test at 23:59 pm last night was not found any volcanic ash in the area of ​​Ngurah Rai Airport flight.

    However, with consideration of air space (air space) the airport is still covered with the spread of volcanic ash, Notam Closed Airport continued until at 07.00 Wita tomorrow.
    “Evaluation of wind direction and volcanic ash distribution will be updated every 6 hours,” Arie said.

    Initial information received by the Tribun Bali, flights affected per day amounted to 430 flights, namely 195 international flights and 235 domestic flights. (*)

    Sources: http://bali.tribunnews.com/2017/11/29/penutupan-bandara-ngurah-rai-diperpanjang-hingga-kamis

    Bali Airport Closed Until Thursday

    Denpasar – PT Angkasa Pura I I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali, said the closure of local aviation operations continued until Thursday (30/11) at 07.00 WITA because the distribution of Mount Agung ash still covered airport airspace.

    “We are evaluating the development of the situation of the spread of mountain ash and wind direction every six hours,” said Head of International Airport Public Relations, I Gusti Ngurah Rai Arie Ahsanurrohim, when contacted from Denpasar on Wednesday.

    According to Arie, the extension of 24 hours airport operational closing has been through an evaluation meeting discussing the impact of Mount Agung eruption involving all stakeholders or authorities at the local airport.

    The meeting was held every 01.00 WITA to evaluate airport operations based on a report from the Center for Volcanology and Geological Hazard Mitigation (PVMBG), BMKG, Vulcanic Ash Advisory Center (VAAC) in Darwin Australia, pilot reports and test results at the airport.

    Previously, Director General of Air Transportation at the Ministry of Transportation Agus Santoso at a coordination meeting at Ngurah Rai Airport’s Emeegency Operation Center, said the mountain ash erupted dangerously for the flight because it could cripple the aircraft’s operating system. (*)

    Sources: http://bali.tribunnews.com/2017/11/29/penutupan-bandara-ngurah-rai-diperpanjang-hingga-kamis

    Translated by Aryaputra PandeBIC

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    Air Cargo Tracking
    Sea Cargo Tracking
    Our Services
    Other Sources
    June 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Feb    
    Foreign Exchange Rates

    Bali Cargo
    Bali Cargo
    International Freight Forwarder
    Freightnet member
    Member FreightHUB

    Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected
    DMCA.com Protection Status